There is nothing more satisfying than a bowl of homemade soup. Packed full of wonderfully simple ingredients, this chicken and sweetcorn soup is quick and easy to make, easy on your pocket and packed with flavour.
The Ingredients Serves 6
1 Medium Sweet Onion – Finely Chopped
1 Clove of Garlic – Finely Chopped
25g organic salted butter
750 mil of boiling Chicken Stock – I use 2 Kallo organic stock cubes.
2 x Small Tins Sweetcorn – Drained
400 Potato – Diced into Small Cubes
300g Cooked Chicken – Shredded
Chopped Fresh Parsley
Pinch Chilli Flakes – Optional
Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper
Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup The Method
1. Sauté a sweet onion in the organic butter for 3 minutes, don’t let the onion brown.
2. Add a clove of garlic and continue to cook for a couple of mins.
3. Add 750ml boiling chicken stock. I use two crumbled stock cubes.
4. Add 2 small tins drained sweetcorn and 400g diced potato. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20/25 mins until the potatoes have softened.
5. Remove from heat and blend for a few seconds, so the vegetables break down but aren’t too smooth.
6. Add 350mil milk and gentle reheat through.
7. Add 300g of cooked shredded chicken and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
8. Add chopped fresh parsley, a good pinch of smoked sweet paprika, chili flakes, and heat through for a further two minutes.
9. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.