If you are looking to upgrade your breakfast a little, then look no further. This banana honey toast is super quick and healthy, vegetarian and totally delicious too. Despite my being a more savoury person when it comes to breakfast, there are those mornings when I just crave something a little bit sweeter.
This may look like something to just serve and impress the kids with, but try it for a quick and easy breakfast or maybe as a mid-morning snack to keep you going till lunchtime.
The Ingredients – Serves 1
- 2 Slices your favourite bread
- 1 Large Banana
- Fat free Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Runny Honey or Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
Banana Honey Toast – Directions
1. Toast the 2 slices bread.
2. While the bread is toasting, thinly slice the banana.
3.Spread the toast with a layer of fat free Greek yoghurt, my ultimate favourite is Total 0% Fat Greek Yogurt.
4. To assemble arrange the sliced banana onto of the toast, drizzle with a tsp of honey or maple syrup. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
5. This toast is best served immediately. For a little extra indulgence swap the cinnamon for a little grated chocolate.
Top Tip : Other fruits work well with this recipe, try peaches, pears or even plums.