Red Velvet Cupcakes are the perfect Valentine’s Day bake. So if you want to create a thoughtful gift for your loved one then this recipe is perfect. In the current economic climate, money may be a little tight so why make a gift rather than purchasing a gift. Not only is it cost-effective it’s personable too.
Whilst the recipe has quite a few ingredients, I’m sure most will be found in your cupboards and the recipe is a very quick and simple bake. You can choose to decorate them in your style or search online for some hearts and flowers ready-made cake toppers. Have a look at Pinterest for some fantastic ideas for decoration.
Ingredients for Red Velvet Cupcakes
215g All-purpose Flour.
2tsp cocoa powder
200g Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1tsp Baking Powder
190g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
2tsp Vanilla Extract
Red Food Colouring
12 red Paper Cases
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
340g Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
550g Sieved Icing Sugar
455g Cream Cheese
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1 pinch of Salt
Method for Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Preheat the Oven 180 degrees
- Place cupcake cases in a 12 case tin.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together and whisk to combine – set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients until combined.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Add the red food colouring.
- Distribute into the paper cases evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to completely cool down before applying cream frosting.
Method for Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the cream cheese, vanilla, salt and beat.
- Gradually add the Icing sugar until combined.
- Once the cakes have cooled pipe The Butter Cream on top of each cupcake and decorate to your style.
If your lucky maybe your love one might treat you to this beautiful Kitchenaid Mixer for Valentine’s Day, visit https://www.kitchenaid.co.uk/all-mixers for more information on how to bag this beauty.