Decorative dried Orange Slices is the easiest and most festive home Decoration you might ever make. Not only are they quick and simple they fill the home with the most aromatic festive smell.
The kids will also love to get involved in this so why not give it a try. You need very few ingredients most of them I am sure you will already have in your home.
You can choose to make a small simple swag of Dried Orange Slices or get creative by adding Cranberries, Dried Apple Slices, chillies or whole oranges. Trust me it is something that will soon become a tradition in your home for the future festive Seasons.
What you will need to make your Decorative Dried Orange Slices:
Ribbon, String or Twine
- Carefully slice your Oranges width way, allowing at least 1cm in thickness per slice. Depending on how long you want your Decorative Swag will depend on how many Oranges you will need.
- Lie individually on a baking tray.
- Make an incision at each end of the slices. This is so that once the Oranges are Dried you can thread through the Ribbon, Twine or String.
- Put the Orange Slices in the oven on the lowest setting. Bake for 4 hours turning every 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Don’t worry if they are still sticky they will dry out as they cool.
- Once cool thread through the twine, add Cranberries and other Decoration or leave natural.
- All that’s left to do is to hang your Dried Orange Decoration on the Mantlepiece or Christmas Tree.
If you need any creative inspiration they why not check out Pinterest for some useful ideas. The Decorative Swag will stay in perfect condition right through the Festive Season so enjoy having your home filled with this delicious aroma.