If you are short on time and in need of a sweet and delicious bake over Christmas then this is the recipe for you. The beauty of this Chocolate Christmas Tree recipe is that the kids can make this very easily and with very little supervision. Although it can get a little messy and involve a few sticky fingers and spoon licking, I’m sure there won’t be any complaints from the kids.
The recipe for this Chocolate Christmas Tree also requires very few ingredients and they can be bought in advance and stored until needed. I love that the pastry can be pre-bought so again saving you time and as many busy working mums will agree, anything that saves time is a bonus. You can choose to decorate the top of your baked tree with Icing, Sprinkles or a dusting of Icing Sugar or you can choose to leave plain. Either way, I’m sure it will pass the taste test.
Ingredients for Chocolate Christmas Tree Recipe
1 Packet Ready to Roll Puff Pastry
2 tbsp Nutella / Hazelnut chocolate spread
Method for Chocolate Christmas Tree
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees / 180 degrees Fan / 350 Fahrenheit
- Line a Baking Tray with Parchment.
- Roll out one sheet of pastry into a large rectangle. Cut to the shape of a Christmas Tree.
- Spread the Nutella over the Tree Shape.
- Lay the Second Sheet of Pastry over the top and cut around the Tree Shaped Outline.
- Using a knife to cut lines in your Tree about one centimetre apart but don’t allow them to meet in the middle.
- Once the Branches are cut, twist each one a few times and press down onto the Baking Tray to hold in place.
- Brush with Egg and Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.