A good breakfast really helps set your day on the right track. I simply can’t function without whipping up something healthy and tasty to kick start the day. So, whether you are full on vegan or just trying to cut down your meat and dairy intake, start the day the right way, with this delicious vegan breakfast; Beans on Toast with Avocado Salsa.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 1 can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 2 slices your favourite bread
Beans on toast with Avocado Salsa – Method
1. Gently warm baked beans in a saucepan; stir occasionally over low heat until hot.
2. Peel the avocado and remove the seed, chop flesh coarsely.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion.
4. Combine avocado, onion, tomato, lemon juice and parsley in medium bowl. Season to taste.
5. Serve the Toasted bread topped with baked beans and salsa and there you have the perfect, delicious vegan breakfast.