I love the flexibility of Slimming World, it is really more a lifestyle change than a diet, and the food is so flexible, it’s perfect for all the family, even the fussiest of eaters. I think I own nearly every cookbook, and even though I like to create my own recipes, I do occasionally dip into one of these for a little inspiration. These Yoghurt and Blueberry Muffins taken from the Slimming World Sweet Dreams Cookbook are perfect for an afternoon treat.
Make 12 – Syns per serving 4
Low Calorie Cooking Spray – I use Frylight Butter Flavour
240g plain flour
1 level tbsp baking powder
3 level tbsp of sweetener granules
1 large egg
200g fat-free natural yoghurt
125mil skimmed milk
Finely grated zest of 1 large unwaxed lemon
½ level tsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/ Fan 180 degrees C/ Gas 6 and line a 12 muffin tray with paper cases. Squirt each case with a little Frylight.
2. Sift the flour baking powder and a pinch of salt into a mixing bowl and stir in the sweetener.
3. Break the egg into a measuring jug add the yoghurt, milk and lemon zest and beat together lightly with a fork.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet ingredients and add the blueberries. Stir together until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes or until well-risen and golden brown.
5. Dust with icing sugar and serve these yoghurt and blueberry muffins with a hot drink.